Evaluation Kit for the MAX5861
Evaluates Up to 160 SCQAM Channels and/or 6 OFDM Channels
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Evaluates Up to 160 SCQAM Channels and/or 6 OFDM Channels
- Up to 6 Blocks Powered at Once, Where a Block is Defined as an OFDM Channel or a 32-Channel SCQAM Block
- Single 5.0V Input Voltage Supply
- Maximum 4.9152Gsps Update Rate
- Direct Interface with Xilinx® VC707 Data Source Board if Desired
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7/8-Compatible Software
- On-Board SPI Interface Control for the MAX5861
- On-Board SMBus Interface Control for the MAX6654 Temperature Sensor
- GUI Controls for VC707 Operation
- Pseudo Random Bit Sequence (PRBS) Test Pattern Files
- Proven 10-Layer PCB Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- CCAP, Edge QAM, CMTS
- DOCSIS 3.0/3.1 and DVB-C/C2
- Multi-Dweller Units (MDU), Mini-Headends
- Remote PHY, Coax Media Converters
The MAX5861 evaluation kit (EV kit) contains a MAX5861 high-density downstream cable SCQAM and OFDM modulator that integrates a digital up-converter (DUC) and a RF Digital to Analog Converter (RF-DAC). The MAX5861 DUC performs SCQAM and OFDM mapping, pulse shaping, and digital RF up-conversion with full agility and then drives a 14-bit 5Gsps RF-DAC. The device digitally synthesizes RF signals with up to 160 DOCSIS® - compliant 6MHz QAM channels (or up to 120 8MHz QAM channels) on a single RF port at frequencies from 47MHz to 1218MHz. The MAX5861 device provides up to 6 channels of OFDM IFFT processing. Each of the OFDM channels provide up to 192MHz of bandwidth, for a combined potential 1152MHz of modulation bandwidth. The MAX5861 can support up to six blocks powered on at the same time, where a block is defined as an OFDM channel or a 32-channel SCQAM block. The MAX5861 EV kit provides a complete system solution for high-density SCQAM and OFDM modulation targeting the DOCSIS 3.1 solution with very low power dissipation.
The MAX5861 EV kit connects to the FMC connector on the Xilinx VC707 evaluation kit, allowing the VC707 to communicate with the MAX5861’s three input ports and various control signals.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, Windows® 7/8-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for configuration of all of the MAX5861 registers, control of SPI interface, control of the VC707 FPGA and temperature monitoring.