Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Wide Input Supply Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Independent Voltage for Digital I/O: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Demonstrates 4.4µs (typ) Settling Time of Buffered Output
- Precision Selectable Internal References Supporting 2.048V, 2.500V, and 4.096V
- Demonstrates User-Supplied External Reference
- Three Selectable Power-Down Impedance
- 1kΩ, 100kΩ, or High Impedance
- Power-Up Reset to Midscale or Zero
- Supports Entire Family of Octal SPI/I²C DACs
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- USB-Powered (Cable Included)
- Demonstrates Configurable Interface Watchdog Timer
- Fully Assembled and Tested with Proven PCB Layout
- 2-Wire Sensors
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Automatic Tuning
- Communication Systems
- Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Portable Instrumentation
- Power Amplifier Control
- Process Control and Servo Loops
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
The MAX5825A evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX5825A 12-bit, 8-channel, low-power DAC with selectable internal references and buffered voltage output. The IC comes in a 20-pin TSSOP package. The EV kit provides control to change the DAC's outputs, power operations, references, and watchdog timer settings.
The IC features a watchdog function that can be enabled to monitor the I/O interface for activity and integrity.
The EV kit includes a USB-to-I²C 400kHz interface circuit. The EV kit features Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the IC's features.
The EV kit comes with the MAX5825AAUP+ installed, which is the 12-bit I²C version. Contact the factory for samples of the pin-compatible MAX5823AUP+ (8-bit), MAX5824AUP+ (10-bit), and MAX5825BAUP+ (12-bit) versions.