Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Integrated 16-Bit DAC and 16-Channel SHA with SRAM and Sequencer
- 16 Voltage Outputs
- 0.005% Output Linearity
- 200µV Output Resolution
- Flexible Output Voltage Range
- Remote Ground Sensing
- Fast Sequential Loading: 1.3µs per Register
- Burst and Immediate Mode Addressing
- No External Components Required for Setting Gain and Offset
- Integrated Output Clamp Diodes
- Three Output Impedance Options
- MAX5621 (50Ω), MAX5622 (500Ω), and MAX5623 (1kΩ)
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Industrial Process Controls
- MEMS Mirror Servo Control
The MAX5621/MAX5622/MAX5623 feature a -4.5V to +9.2V output voltage range. Other features include a 200µV/step resolution, with output linearity error, typically 0.005% of full-scale range (FSR). The 100kHz refresh rate updates each SHA every 320µs, resulting in negligible output droop. Remote ground sensing allows the outputs to be referenced to the local ground of a separate device.
These devices are controlled through a 20MHz SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE-compatible 3-wire serial interface. Immediate update mode allows any channel's output to be updated within 20µs. Burst Mode® allows multiple values to be loaded into memory in a single, high-speed data burst. All channels are updated within 330µs after data has been loaded. Each device features an output clamp and output resistors for filtering. The MAX5621 features a 50Ω output impedance and is capable of driving up to 250pF of output capacitance. The MAX5622 features a 500Ω output impedance and is capable of driving up to 10nF of output capacitance. The MAX5623 features a 1kΩ output impedance and is capable of driving up to 10nF of output capacitance. The MAX5621/MAX5622/MAX5623 are available in 64-pin TQFP (12mm x 12mm) and 68-pin thin QFN (10mm x 10mm) packages.