Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Provides Both Bipolar and Unipolar Outputs
- On-Board +2.5V High-Precision Voltage Reference
- On-Board Bipolar and Unipolar High-Precision Op Amps
- Proven High-Performance 16-Bit DAC PCB Layout
- High-Speed USB 2.0 USB-PC Connection (Cable Included)
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Data Acquisition
- High-Resolution Offset and Gain Adjustment
- Industrial Process Controls
The MAX54X evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX541/MAX542 serial-input, voltage-output, 16-bit digital-to-analog convertors (DACs). The EV kit also includes Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of these devices.
The DACs are controlled by an on-board MAXQ® microcontroller, which provides two separate SPI control interfaces.
The EV kit provides an on-board +2.5V high-precision voltage reference (MAX6126). The EV kit also provides precision bipolar and ultra-precision unipolar op amps, the MAX9632 (single) and MAX44251 (dual), respectively.
The EV kit comes with the MAX541AESA+ and a MAX542AESD+ installed; however, it can also be used to evaluate other parts in the same family. Contact the factory for free samples of the pin-compatible devices shown in Table 1 in the full data sheet.