Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Provides Both Bipolar and Unipolar Output
- On-Board +2.5V and +4.096V High-Precision Voltage References
- On-Board Bipolar and Unipolar High-Precision Op Amps
- Proven High-Performance 16-Bit DAC PCB Layout
- High-Speed USB 2.0 USB-PC Connection (Cable Included)
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Data Acquisition
- High-Resolution Offset and Gain Adjustment
- Industrial Process Controls
The MAX544X evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX5441–MAX5442 serial-input, voltage-output, 16-bit digital-to-analog convertors (DACs). The EV kit also includes Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of these devices.
The DACs are controlled by an on-board MAXQ® microcontroller, which provides two separate SPI control interfaces.
The EV kit provides on-board +2.5V and +4.096V highprecision voltage references (MAX6126). The EV kit also provides precision bipolar and ultra-precision unipolar op amps, the MAX9632 (single) and MAX44251 (dual), respectively.
The EV kit comes with the +5V MAX5441AEUA+ and +5V MAX5442AEUB+ installed; however, it can also be used to evaluate other parts in the same family. Contact the factory for free samples of the pin-compatible devices shown in Table 1 in the full data sheet.