+5V, Serial Input, Voltage-Output 14-Bit DACs
Single, Serial, Voltage-Output DAC in a SO Package
DescriptionThe MAX544/MAX545 are serial-input, voltage-output, 14-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that operate from a single +5V supply. They provide 14-bit performance (±0.5LSB INL and ±0.9LSB DNL) over temperature without any adjustments. The DAC output is unbuffered, resulting in a low supply current of 0.3mA and a low offset error of 0.6mV.
The DAC output range is 0V to VREF. For bipolar operation, matched scaling resistors are provided in the MAX545 for use with an external precision op amp (such as the MAX400), generating a ±VREF output swing. The MAX545 also includes Kelvin-sense connections for the reference and analog ground pins to reduce layout sensitivity. A 16-bit serial word is used to load data into the DAC latch. The 10MHz, 3-wire serial interface is compatible with SPI™/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™, and it also interfaces directly with optocouplers for applications requiring isolation. A power-on reset circuit clears the DAC output to 0V (unipolar mode) when power is initially applied. The MAX544 is available in 8-pin plastic DIP and SO packages. The MAX545 is available in 14-pin plastic DIP and SO packages.
- Full 14-Bit Performance Without Adjustments
- +5V Single-Supply Operation
- Low Power: 1.5mW
- 1µs Settling Time
- Unbuffered Voltage Output Directly Drives 60-kilohm Loads
- SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE-Compatible Serial Interface
- Power-On Reset Circuit Clears DAC Output to 0V (unipolar mode)
- Schmitt-Trigger Inputs for Direct Optocoupler Interface
- Pin-Compatible 16-Bit Upgrades (MAX541/MAX542)
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Data Acquisition
- Digital Gain and Offset Control
- Industrial Process Controls
|Serial - SPI||4.75||5.25||1.1||1|
|See All Precision DACs (249)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsApp Note 4491 Damage from a Lightning Bolt or a Spark—It Depends on How Tall You Are!
App Note 4490 How Signal Chains and PLCs Impact Our Lives
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX544
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- High-Density Cable Downstream Modulator
- Highly Flexible and Configurable
- Additional Features Ease RF Design