10-Bit Voltage-Output DACs in 8-Pin µMAX
Single, Serial, Voltage-Output DAC in a µMAX Package
DescriptionThe MAX5354/MAX5355 combine a low-power, voltage-output, 10-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and a precision output amplifier in an 8-pin µMAX® or DIP package. The MAX5354 operates from a single +5V supply, and the MAX5355 operates from a single +3.3V supply. Both devices draw less than 280µA of supply current.
The output amplifier's inverting input is available to the user, allowing specific gain configurations, remote sensing, and high output current capability. This makes the MAX5354/MAX5355 ideal for a wide range of applications, including industrial process control. Other features include a software shutdown and power-on reset.
The serial interface is compatible with SPI™/QSPI™ and MICROWIRE™. The DAC has a double-buffered input, organized as an input register followed by a DAC register. A 16-bit serial word loads data into the input register. The DAC register can be updated independently or simultaneously with the input register. All logic inputs are TTL/CMOS-logic compatible and buffered with Schmitt triggers to allow direct interfacing to optocouplers.
- 10-Bit DAC with Configurable Output Amplifier
- +5V Single-Supply Operation (MAX5354)
- +3.3V Single-Supply Operation (MAX5355)
- Low Supply Current:
- 0.28mA Normal Operation
- 2µA Shutdown Mode
- Available in 8-Pin µMAX
- Power-On Reset Clears DAC Output to Zero
- SPI/QSPI and MICROWIRE Compatible
- Schmitt-Trigger Digital Inputs for Direct Optocoupler Interface
- +3.3V MAX5355 Directly Interfaces with +5V Logic
- Digital Gain and Offset Control
- General Purpose
- Industrial Process Controls
- Portable Test Instruments
- Remote Industrial Controls
|# Channels||Output Type||Reference||INL|
|MAX5354||10||1||Voltage- Buffered||Ext.||1||Serial - SPI||4.5||5.5||0.4||10|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|