18-Bit, High-Accuracy Voltage Output DAC with Digital Gain, Offset Control, and SPI Interface
Lowest Noise, Fast-Settling Precision 18-Bit DAC
DescriptionThe MAX5318 is a high-accuracy, 18-bit, serial SPI input, buffered voltage output digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a 4.4mm x 7.8mm, 24-lead TSSOP package. The device features ±2 LSB INL (max) accuracy and a ±1 LSB DNL (max) accuracy over the full temperature range of -40°C to +105°C.
The DAC voltage output is buffered resulting in a fast settling time of 3µs and a low offset and gain drift of ±0.5ppm/°C of FSR (typ). The force-sense output (OUT) maintains accuracy while driving loads with long lead lengths. Additionally, a separate AVSS supply, allows the output amplifier to go to 0V (GND) while maintaining full linearity performance.
The MAX5318 includes user-programmable digital gain and offset correction to enable easy system calibration.
At power-up, the device resets its outputs to zero or midscale. The wide 2.7V to 5.5V supply voltage range and integrated low-drift, low-noise reference buffer amplifier make for ease of use.
The MAX5318 features a 50MHz, 3-wire, SPI interface. The MAX5318 is available in a 24-lead TSSOP package and operates over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Ideal for ATE and High-Precision Instruments
- INL Accuracy Guaranteed with ±2 LSB (max) Over Temperature
- Fast Settling Time (3µs) with 10kΩ || 100pF Load
- Safe Power-Up-Reset to Zero or Midscale DAC Output (Pin-Selectable)
- Predetermined Output Device State in Power-Up and Reset in System Design
- Negative Supply (AVSS) Option Allows Full INL and DNL Performance to 0V
- SPI Interface Compatible with 1.8V to 5.5V Logic
- High Integration Reduces Development Time and PCB Area
- Buffered Voltage Output Directly Drives 2kΩ Load Rail-to-Rail
- Integrated Reference Buffer
- No External Amplifiers Required
- Small 4.4mm × 7.8mm, 24-Pin TSSOP Package
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Automatic Tuning and Calibration
- Communication Systems
- Data-Acquisition Systems
- Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Medical Imaging
- Process Control and Servo Loops
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Test and Measurement Equipment
|MAX5318||18||1||Voltage- Buffered||Ext.||2||Serial - SPI||2.7||5.5||10||3|
|-40 to +105||$19.32 @1k|
|See All Precision DACs (249)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- High-Density Cable Downstream Modulator
- Highly Flexible and Configurable
- Additional Features Ease RF Design