Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Fast Evaluation and Performance Testing
- SMA Coaxial Connectors for Clock and Data Inputs
- Performance-Optimized Four-Layer PC Board with Separate Analog and Digital Power and Ground Connections
- On-Board Differential to Single-Ended Conversion Circuitry
- Fully Assembled and Tested with MAX5183BEEI
- Arbitrary Waveform Generation (AWG)
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Signal Reconstruction of I and Q
- Transmit Signals
Connector pads for power supplies (AVDD, DVDD, VCC, and VEE), DAC outputs (VOUT1, VOUT1A, VOUT2, and VOUT2A), and SMA connectors for the digital and control inputs (D0-D9,active-low CS, CLK) simplify connection to the EV kit. The four-layer board layout is optimized for best dynamic performance.
The MAX5183 dual, 10-bit, 40MHz, simultaneous update DAC is installed on the EV kit board. The kit can be used to evaluate the MAX5180, MAX5182, MAX5185, MAX5186, MAX5188, MAX5189, or MAX5191 with minor component changes.