Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Single +5V Supply
- Simple 2-Wire Serial Interface
- I²C Compatible
- Output Buffer Amplifiers Swing Rail-to-Rail
- Space-Saving 8-pin DIP/SO Packages (MAX517/MAX518)
- Reference Input Range Includes Both Supply Rails (MAX517/MAX519)
- Power-On Reset Clears All Latches
- 4µA Power-Down Mode
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Digital Gain and Offset Control
- Industrial Process Controls
- Minimum Component Analog Systems
- Programmable Attenuators
The MAX517 is a single DAC and the MAX518/MAX519 are dual DACs. The MAX518 uses the supply voltage as the reference for both DACs. The MAX517 has a reference input for its single DAC and each of the MAX519's two DACs has its own reference input.
The MAX517/MAX518/MAX519 feature a serial interface and internal software protocol, allowing communication at data rates up to 400kbps. The interface, combined with the double-buffered input configuration, allows the DAC registers of the dual devices to be updated individually or simultaneously. In addition, the devices can be put into a low-power shutdown mode that reduces supply current to 4µA. Power-on reset ensures the DAC outputs are at 0V when power is initially applied.
The MAX517/MAX518 are available in space-saving 8-pin DIP and SO packages. The MAX519 comes in 16-pin DIP and SO packages.