256-Tap, Nonvolatile, SPI-Interface, Digital Potentiometers
DescriptionThe MAX5422/MAX5423/MAX5424 nonvolatile, lineartaper, digital potentiometers perform the function of a mechanical potentiometer, but replace the mechanics with a simple 3-wire SPI-compatible digital interface. Each device performs the same function as a discrete potentiometer or variable resistor and has 256 tap points.
The devices feature an internal, nonvolatile EEPROM used to store the wiper position for initialization during power-up. The 3-wire SPI-compatible serial interface allows communication at data rates up to 5MHz, minimizing board space and reducing interconnection complexity in many applications.
The MAX5422/MAX5423/MAX5424 provide three nominal resistance values: 50kΩ (MAX5422), 100kΩ (MAX5423), or 200kΩ (MAX5424). The nominal resistor temperature coefficient is 35ppm/°C end-to-end and only 5ppm/°C ratiometric. This makes the devices ideal for applications requiring a low-temperature-coefficient variable resistor, such as low-drift, programmable gainamplifier circuit configurations.
The MAX5422/MAX5423/MAX5424 are available in a 3mm x 3mm 8-pin TDFN package, and are specified over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Wiper Position Stored in Nonvolatile Memory (EEPROM) and Recalled Upon Power-Up or Interface Command
- 3mm x 3mm x 0.8mm TDFN Package
- 35ppm/°C End-to-End Resistance Temperature Coefficient
- 5ppm/°C Ratiometric Temperature Coefficient
- 50kΩ, 100kΩ, and 200kΩ Resistor Values
- 5MHz SPI-Compatible Serial Interface
- 500nA (typ) Static Supply Current
- Single-Supply Operation: +2.7V to +5.25V
- 256 Tap Positions
- ±0.5 LSB DNL in Voltage-Divider Mode
- ±0.5 LSB INL in Voltage-Divider Mode
- Audio Volume Control
- Liquid-Crystal Display (LCD) Contrast Control
- Low-Drift Programmable Filters
- Low-Drift Programmable-Gain Amplifiers
- Mechanical Potentiometer Replacements
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|