DescriptionThe MAX5422 evaluation kit (EV kit) is an assembled and tested PCB that evaluates the MAX5422 IC. The MAX5422 is a 50kΩ 256-tap, nonvolatile, linear digital potentiometer communicating over SPI. The MAX5422 features an internal nonvolatile EEPROM used to store the potentiometer's wiper position for initialization during power-up. The EEPROM is programmed through the SPI-compatible serial interface, communicating at data rates up to 5MHz. The SPI signals can be transmitted through an on-board USB interface circuit using a computer or a user-supplied SPI bus along with PCB headers on the EV kit.
The EV kit also features Windows 2000/XP/Vista®-compatible software that provides a professional user interface for exercising the MAX5422's features. The program is menu driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) complete with buttons, track bars, and spin boxes.
The MAX5422 IC is powered from a 3.3V source generated from the EV kit's USB interface circuit, or an external user-supplied 2.7V to 5.25V DC power supply. The MAX5422 section can be broken out from the EV kit, allowing the MAX5422 to be attached to the user applications with minimal additional circuit area.
The EV kit can also evaluate the MAX5423 (100kΩ) or MAX5424 (200kΩ) after IC replacement (U1). The MAX5422 EV kit is shipped with a MAX5422ETA+ IC installed.
- Power-On Recall of Wiper Position from Nonvolatile Memory
- 2.7V to 5.25V Single-Supply Operation
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit for SPI-Compatible Signals
- Proven USB-PC Connection for Power and Control (USB Cable Included)
- Main Circuit Breakout Board
- PCB Headers for User-Supplied SPI-Compatible Signals
- PCB Pads for Potentiometer Signals L, W, and H
- Evaluates the MAX5422ETA/MAX5423ETA/MAX5424ETA in 3mm x 3mm x 0.8mm, 8-Pin TDFN Package
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Audio Volume Control
- Liquid-Crystal Display (LCD) Contrast Control
- Low-Drift Programmable Filters
- Low-Drift Programmable-Gain Amplifiers
- Mechanical Potentiometer Replacements
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|