32-Tap Audio Logarithmic Taper Digital Potentiometer
DescriptionThe MAX5407 SOT-PoT is a logarithmic taper digital potentiometer with 32 tap points that has 1dB steps between taps. This device is ideal for audio applications, such as volume control and fading/balancing audio signals.
The MAX5407 consists of a resistor string and CMOS switches that are digitally controlled through a simple 2-wire serial interface. This device performs the same function as a mechanical potentiometer. The device has a fixed end-to-end resistance of 20kΩ and features zero-crossing detection to minimize the audible noise generated by the wiper transitions.
This device has nominal resistor temperature coefficients of 35ppm/°C end-to-end and 5ppm/°C ratiometric. The MAX5407 is available in a space saving 8-pin SOT23 package and is guaranteed from -40°C to +85°C.
- Miniature 3mm x 3mm 8-Pin SOT23 Package
- Logarithmic Taper with 1dB Steps Between Taps
- 32 Tap Positions
- Low 0.35µA Supply Current
- +2.7V to +5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Zero-Crossing Detection to Minimize Audible Clicks During Wiper Transitions
- Simple Up/Down 2-Wire Serial Data Interface
- Power-On Reset
- Wiper Goes to Maximum Attenuation (Lowest Tap Position)
- 20kΩ End-to-End Resistance
- Audio Volume Control
- Fading/Balancing Audio Signals
- Mechanical Potentiometer Replacements
|Part Number||Taper||POTs||Control Interface||Wiper Memory||Steps||REND-TO-END|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|