Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.7V to 5.5V Wide Input Supply Range
- Supports All SPI Family of Devices: 10kΩ, 50kΩ, and 100kΩ End-to-End Resistance
- On-Board Microcontroller to Generate SPI Commands
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- USB-Powered (Cable Included)
- Fully Assembled and Tested with Proven PCB Layout
- Automotive Electronics
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Mechanical Potentiometer Replacement
- Portable Electronics
- System Calibration
The MAX5394M evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX5394M single, 256-tap volatile, low-voltage linear digital potentiometer. The device comes in an 8-pin TDFN-EP package. The EV kit provides controls to adjust the wiper and shutdown modes.
The digital potentiometer is controlled by an on-board MAXQ® microcontroller that provides an SPI interface. The EV kit features Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical-user interface (GUI) for exercising the device features.
The EV kit comes with the MAX5394MATA+ (50kΩ end-to-end resistance) installed. Contact the factory for samples of the pin-compatible MAX5394LATA+ (10kΩ end-to-end resistance) and MAX5394NATA+ (100kΩ end-to-end resistance).