Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.7V to 5.25V Single-Supply Operation
- Controls Up to Eight Potentiometers
- Configurable and Fixed Device Addresses
- I²C-Compatible Serial Interface or Stand-Alone 2-Wire Serial-Interface Operation
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Includes Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Adjustable Voltage References/Linear Regulators
- Automotive Electronics
- Low-Voltage Battery Applications
- Mechanical Potentiometer Replacement
- Offset and Gain Control
- Portable Electronics
The MAX5392EVMINIQU+ evaluation system (EV system) includes the EV kit and a MINIQUSB+ interface board. The MINIQUSB+ interface board can be used to enable PC communication through the 2-wire serial interface. Windows® 2000- , Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista®-compatible software provides a professional user interface for exercising the MAX5392 features. The program is menu-driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) complete with buttons, track bars, and edit boxes. The EV kit software can also be used to evaluate the MAX5387. The EV kit can also be interfaced directly to a user-supplied 2-wire system.
The MAX5392 IC can be powered from a 1.7V, 2.6V, 3.3V, or 5V source generated from the MINIQUSB+ interface board and EV kit circuitry, or from a user-supplied external 1.7V to 5.25V DC power supply. Order the EV system (MAX5392EVMINIQU+) for a complete PC-based evaluation of the MAX5392.
The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX5392L (10kΩ) and MAX5392N (100kΩ). The EV kit contains PCB footprints for two MAX5387 ICs, which allows the user to independently control up to eight potentiometers. To evaluate the MAX5387, order samples and install the ICs on U1 and/or U2 PCB pads.