Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Single 64-position potentiometer
- Wiper position stored in EEPROM
- Digital or pushbutton control interface options
- 3V to 8V differential supply operational range
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- 10kΩ, 50kΩ, and 100kΩ versions
It provides 64 uniform tap points over standard resistive ranges of 10kΩ, 50kΩ, or 100kΩ. The DS1869 can be configured to operate using a single pushbutton, dual pushbutton, or CPU input by varying power-on conditions. Nonvolatile wiper settings are maintained in EEPROM.
Applications for the DS1869 include LCD contrast and backlighting, tone and volume control. As an integrated circuit, the digital potentiometer replaces mechanical potentiometers with digital precision. It has no moving parts to wear out, saves space, reduces heat, and communicates with a processor for flexible and automatic adjustment.