Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Two 256-position digital potentiometers
- Wipers digitally set and read through serial port
- EEPROM maintains settings in the absence of power
- Ultra low-power consumption: max standby current of 1µA
- 3-wire serial control interface
- Operating ranges:
- +5V or ±3V
- -40°C to +85°C
The DS1868 +5-volt Dual Digital Potentiometer was designed for applications requiring extremely low current consumption and extremely low cost. Maximum standby current is 1µA. The DS1868 is based on DS1267 technology but operates from a single +5-volt or from dual ±3-volt supplies.
Digital potentiometers improve upon mechanical devices with processor control and programmability, greater reliability and accuracy, and packaging options that facilitate automatic assembly. They are used for signal control in modems and phones, battery charging and control circuitry, tuning and calibration, offset trimming of operational amplifiers, gain control, and power supply regulation.