Simplified Block Diagram
- Easy Selection and Configuration of Input Channels
- On-the-Fly Configuration as Analog Input-Voltage Mode or Analog Input-Current Mode
- ±12.5V and 0V to +12.5V Ranges in Analog Input-Voltage Mode
- ±25mA and 0V to 25mA Ranges in Analog Input- Current Mode
- MAX22005 is Factory Calibrated
- EV Kit Does Not Require System Calibration for AIVM
- CRC Detection for Robust Communication
- Watchdog Timer for SPI Activity
- Access to Eight GPIO Channels
- Ability to Synchronize Multiple EV kits for Simultaneous ADC Conversion
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows 10 Compatible Software
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
The MAX22005 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX22005, 12-Channel factory-calibrated configurable industrial-analog input. The MAX22005 EV kit includes the MAX22005 evaluation board and a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from a PC to the target device through a USB port.
The GUI is compatible with Windows® 10 for exercising the features of the MAX22005 IC. The EV kit GUI allows the user to read the 24-bit ADC conversion result for any of the input channels through the high-speed SPI interface in single-ended, differential, or multifunctional configurations. The SPI interface is galvanically isolated from the USB port.
The MAX22005 EV kit must be powered from an external +24V power supply through the power jack (J100). The on-board DC-DC converters provide ±15V HVDD/HVSS and +3.3V AVDD/DVDD power rails for the entire board.
The MAX22005 EV kit board comes with a MAX22005ALM+ installed in a 48-pin, 7.5mm x 7.0mm LGA package.