Ultra-Low-Power, 10Msps, 8-Bit ADC
Ultra-Low-Power ADC Ideal for Digital Audio Broadcast Receiver System
DescriptionThe MAX19191 is an ultra-low-power, 8-bit, 10Msps analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The device features a fully differential wideband track-and-hold (T/H) input. This input has a 440MHz bandwidth and accepts fully differential or single-ended signals. The MAX19191 delivers a typical signal-to-noise and distortion (SINAD) of 48.6dB at an input frequency of 1.875MHz and a sampling rate of 10Msps while consuming only 15.3mW. This ADC operates from a 2.7V to 3.6V analog power supply. A separate 1.8V to 3.6V supply powers the digital output driver. In addition to ultra-low operating power, the MAX19191 features three power-down modes to conserve power during idle periods. Excellent dynamic performance, ultra-low power, and small size make the MAX19191 ideal for applications in imaging, instrumentation, and digital communications.
An internal 1.024V precision bandgap reference sets the full-scale range of the ADC to ±0.512V. A flexible reference structure allows the MAX19191 to use its internal reference or accept an externally applied reference for applications requiring increased accuracy.
The MAX19191 features parallel, CMOS-compatible three-state outputs. The digital output format is offset binary. A separate digital power input accepts a voltage from 1.8V to 3.6V for flexible interfacing to different logic levels. The MAX19191 is available in a 5mm × 5mm, 28-pin thin QFN package, and is specified for the extended industrial (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.
For higher sampling frequency applications, refer to the MAX1195–MAX1198 dual 8-bit ADCs. For a dual-channel, pin-compatible version, refer to the MAX19192 data sheet.
- Ultra-Low Power
- 15.3mW (Normal Operation: 10Msps)
- 2µW (Shutdown Mode)
- Excellent Dynamic Performance
- 48.6dB SNR at fIN = 1.875MHz
- 70dBc SFDR at fIN = 1.875MHz
- 2.7V to 3.6V Single Analog Supply
- 1.8V to 3.6V TTL/CMOS-Compatible Digital Outputs
- Fully Differential or Single-Ended Analog Inputs
- Internal/External Reference Option
- Multiplexed CMOS-Compatible Three-State Outputs
- 28-Pin Thin QFN Package
- Evaluation Kit Available (Order MAX19191EVKIT+)
- Battery-Powered Portable Instruments
- Digital Audio Receiver Front-End
- Low-Power Video
- Ultrasound and Medical Imaging
- WLAN, Mobile DSL, WLL Receiver
|Part Number||Input Chan.||Resolution|
|Full Pwr. BW|
|Data Bus Interface||Package/Pins||Budgetary|
|max ≥||@ fIN||min||min||See Notes|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|