Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Includes EV Kit and 80C32 µC Module
- 12-Bit Resolution ADC
- Serial µC Interface
- Unipolar +4.096V or Bipolar -2.048V to +2.048V Input Ranges
- Internal Reference Voltage
- Low Supply-Current Shutdown Mode
- Evaluates All Operating Modes
- Proven PCB Layout
- Prototyping Area Provided
- Digitizes 8 Analog Inputs
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Data Acquisition
- High-Accuracy Process Control
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Data Logging
Using the EV system, the MAX186 input multiplexer can be software-configured in a variety of single-ended or differential modes with unipolar or bipolar input ranges. The MAX186 can be evaluated with a VSS voltage of 0V or -5V, selectable from the personal computer's keyboard.
The EV system is also useful for evaluating the MAX186's shutdown feature. The MAX186 can be operated in three states of readiness between conversions. There are provisions for monitoring the supply current in the different shutdown states, and for varying the delay between conversions.
Order the EV system (MAX186EVSYS-DIP) for comprehensive evaluation of the MAX186 or MAX188 using a personal computer. Order the EV kit (MAX186EVKIT-DIP) if the 80C32 module (80C32MODULE-DIP) has already been purchased with a previous Maxim EV system, or for custom use in other µC-based systems. The MAX186 EV kit can also perform limited evaluation on a stand-alone basis (see the MAX186 EV Kit Quick Start section in the full data sheet).