Complete, 100ksps, 8-Channel, 12-Bit Data Acquisition Systems
DescriptionThe MAX180/MAX181 are complete 12-bit Data Acquisition System (DAS) which combine 8/6 channel input multiplexer, high bandwidth Track-and-Hold (T/H), low-drift zener reference, and flexible microprocessor (µP) interface with high conversion speed and low power consuption. The MAX180/MAX181 can be configured by a µP for unipolar or bipolar conversions and single-ended or differential inputs. Both devices sample and digitize at 100kHz throughout rate and feature a fast 8- or 16-bit µP interface.
The MAX180 has 8 analog input channels, while the MAX181 has 6. The multiplexer output of the MAX180 is fed directly into the Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) input. The MAX181 brings out both the multiplexer output and ADC input to separate pins, allowing a programmable gain amplifier to be inserted between the MUX and the ADC.
The systems allow the user to choose between an internal or an external reference. Furthermore, the internal reference value and the offest can be adjusted, allowing the overall system gain and offset errors to be nulled. The multiplexer has high impedence inputs, simplifying analog drive requirements.
- 12-Bit Resolution, ±1/2 LSB Linearity
- 8-Channel Multiplexer Inputs (MAX180)
- Single-Ended 1-of-6 Multiplexer (MAX181)
- Built-In Track-and Hold
- 100kHz Sampling Rate
- DC and Dynamically Tested
- Internal 25ppm/°C Voltage Reference
- Each Channel Configurable for Unipolar (0V to +5V) or Bipolar (-2.5V to +2.5V) Input Range
- Each Channel Configurable for Single-Ended or Differential Inputs
- Fast 8-/16-Bit µP Interface
- +5V and -12V to -15V Supply Operation
- 110mW Power Consumption
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- High-Accuracy Process Control
- High-Speed Servo Loops
|Input Channels||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||Internal VREF|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|