Calibrated, 12-Bit ADC with Track/Hold and Reference
DescriptionThe MAX178 is a complete, calibrated 12-bit A/D converter (ADC) which includes a precision voltage reference, track-and-hold, and conversion clock. Internal calibration circuitry maintains true 12-bit performance over the full operating temperature range without external adjustments. In addition, each conversion includes an auto-zero cycle which reduces zero errors to typically below 100μV.
CHIP SELECT, READ, and WRITE inputs are included for easy microprocessor interfacing without additional logic. 2-byte, 12-bit conversion data is provided over an 8-bit three-state output bus. Either byte may be read first. Two converter busy flags facilitate polling of the converter's status.
The MAX178's analog input range is 0V to +5V when using a +5V reference. The MAX178A's internal reference accuracy is ±0.3%, while the MAX178B is intended for use with an external reference.
- Continuous Transparent Calibration of Offset and Gain
- True 12-Bit Performance without Adjustments
- T/H Front End and Internal Reference
- DC and Dynamically Specified
- Zero Error Typically <100μV
- Standard Microprocessor Interface
- 24-Pin DIP and Wide SO Packages
- Audio and Telecom Processing
- Digital-Signal Processing
- High-Accuracy Process Control
- High-Speed Data Acquisition
|Input Channels||Conversion Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||Internal VREF|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|