Complete High-Speed CMOS, 12-Bit ADC
DescriptionThe MAX162 and MX7572 are complete 12-Bit analog-to-digital converters (ADC's) that combine high speed, low power consumption, and an on-chip voltage reference. The conversion times are 3μs (MAX162) and 5 and 12μs (MX7572). The buried zener reference provides low drift and low noise performance.
External component requirements are limited to only decoupling capacitors for the power supply and reference voltages. On-chip clock circuitry is also included which can either be driven from an external source, or in stand-alone applications, can be used with a crystal.
The MAX162/MX7572 uses a standard microprocessor interface architecture. Three-state data outputs are controlled by Read (RD) and Chip Select (CS) inputs. Data access and bus release times of 90 and 75ns respectively ensure compatibility with most popular microprocessors without resorting to wait states.
- 12-Bit Resolution and Linearity
- 3μs (MAX162), 5μs and 12μs (MX7572) Conversion Times
- No Missing Codes
- On-Chip Voltage Reference
- 90ns Access Time
- 215mW Max Power Consumption
- 24-Lead Narrow DIP Package
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Electro-Mechanical Systems
- High Accuracy Process Control
- High Speed Data Acquisition
|Input Chan.||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||Internal VREF|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|