Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- High Resolution
- MAX1447/MAX1498: 4.5 Digits (±19,999 Count)
- MAX1496: 3.5 Digits (±1999 Count)
- Sigma-Delta ADC Architecture
- No Integrating Capacitors Required
- No Autozeroing Capacitors Required
- >100dB of Simultaneous 50Hz and 60Hz Rejection
- Selectable Input Range of ±200mV or ±2V
- Selectable Voltage Reference: Internal 2.048V or External
- Internal High-Accuracy Oscillator Needs No External Components
- Automatic Offset Calibration
- On-Demand Enhanced Offset Calibration (MAX1447)
- Operate from a Single 2.7V to 5.25V Supply
- Low Power (Exclude LED-Driver Current)
- Maximum 744µA Operating Current (MAX1496)
- Maximum 960µA Operating Current (MAX1447/MAX1498)
- Maximum 325µA Shutdown Current
- Multiplexed Common-Cathode LED Drivers
- Resistor-Programmable Segment Current
- Small 32-Pin, 7mm x 7mm TQFP Package (4.5 Digits), 28-Pin SSOP Package (3.5 Digits)
- Also Available in a PDIP Package (3.5 Digits)
- Digital Multimeters
- Digital Panel Meters
- Digital Voltmeters
- Handheld meters
The MAX1447/MAX1496/MAX1498 do not require external precision integrating capacitors, autozero capacitors, crystal oscillators, charge pumps, or other circuitry required with dual-slope ADCs (commonly used in panel meter circuits).
These devices also feature on-chip buffers for the differential signal and reference input, allowing direct interface with high-impedance signal sources. In addition, they use continuous internal offset-calibration and offer >100dB rejection of 50Hz and 60Hz line noise. Other features include data hold and peak detection and overrange/underrange detection. The MAX1447 features on-demand enhanced offset calibration for improved offset performance.
The MAX1447/MAX1498 are available in a 32-pin, 7mm x 7mm TQFP package and the MAX1496 is available in 28-pin SSOP and 28-pin PDIP packages. All devices in this family operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.