+2.7V, Low-Power, 2-Channel, 108ksps, Serial 12-Bit ADCs in 8-Pin µMAX
DescriptionThe MAX144/MAX145 low-power, 12-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) are available in 8-pin µMAX® and DIP packages. Both devices operate with a single +2.7V to +5.25V supply and feature a 7.4µs successive- approximation ADC, automatic power-down, fast wake-up (2.5µs), an on-chip clock, and a high-speed, 3-wire serial interface.
Power consumption is only 3.2mW (VDD = +3.6V) at the maximum sampling rate of 108ksps. At slower throughput rates, the automatic shutdown (0.2µA) further reduces power consumption.
The MAX144 provides 2-channel, single-ended operation and accepts input signals from 0 to VREF. The MAX145 accepts pseudo-differential inputs ranging from 0 to VREF. An external clock accesses data-through the 3-wire serial interface, which is SPI, QSPI, and MICROWIRE-compatible.
Excellent dynamic performance and low power, combined with ease of use and small package size, make these converters ideal for battery-powered and data-acquisition applications, or for other circuits with demanding power-consumption and space requirements. For pin-compatible 10-bit ADCs, see the MAX157 and MAX159 data sheets.
- Single-Supply Operation (+2.7V to +5.25V)
- Two Single-Ended Channels (MAX144) One Pseudo-Differential Channel (MAX145)
- Low Power
- 0.9mA (108ksps, +3V Supply)
- 100µA (10ksps, +3V Supply)
- 10µA (1ksps, +3V Supply)
- 0.2µA (Power-Down Mode)
- Internal Track/Hold
- 108ksps Sampling Rate
- SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE-Compatible 3-Wire Serial Interface
- Space-Saving 8-Pin µMAX Package
- Pin-Compatible 10-Bit Versions Available
- Battery-Powered Applications
- Isolated Data Acquisition
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Data Logging
- Process Control Monitoring
- System Supervision
- Test Equipment
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|