15-Bit, 100Msps ADC with -76.8dBFS Noise Floor for IF Applications
DescriptionThe MAX1430 is a 5V, high-speed, high-performance analog-to-digital converter (ADC) featuring a fully differential wideband track-and-hold (T/H) and a 15-bit converter core. The MAX1430 is optimized for multichannel, multimode receivers, which require the ADC to meet very stringent dynamic performance requirements. With a noise floor of -76.8dBFS, the MAX1430 allows for the design of receivers with superior sensitivity.
The MAX1430 achieves two-tone, spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) of -92dBc for input tones of 69MHz and 71MHz. Its excellent signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of 72.8dB and single-tone SFDR performance (SFDR1/SFDR2) of 86dBc/83dBc at fIN = 70MHz and a sampling rate of 100Msps make this part ideal for high-performance digital receivers.
The MAX1430 operates from an analog 5V and a digital 3V supply, features a 2.2VP-P full-scale input range, and allows for a sampling speed of up to 100Msps. The input T/H operates with a -1dB full-power bandwidth of 350MHz.
The MAX1430 features parallel, CMOS-compatible outputs in two's-complement format. To enable the interface with a wide range of logic devices, this ADC provides a separate output driver power-supply range of 2.3V to 3.5V. The MAX1430 is manufactured in an 8mm x 8mm, 56-pin thin QFN package with exposed paddle (EP) for low thermal resistance, and is specified for the extended industrial (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.
Note that IF parts MAX1418, MAX1428, and MAX1430 (see Pin-Compatible Higher/Lower Speed Versions Selection table) are recommended for applications that require high dynamic performance for input frequencies greater than fCLK/3. Unlike its baseband counterpart MAX1429, the MAX1430 is optimized for input frequencies greater than fCLK/3.
- 100Msps Minimum Sampling Rate
- -76.8dBFS Noise Floor
- Excellent Dynamic Performance
- 72.8dB SNR at fIN = 70MHz and AIN = -2dBFS
- 86dBc/83dBc Single-Tone SFDR1/SFDR2 at
fIN = 70MHz and AIN = -2dBFS
- -92dB Multitone SFDR at fIN1 = 69MHz
and fIN2 = 71MHz
- Less than 0.25ps Sampling Jitter
- Fully Differential Analog Input Voltage Range of 2.2VP-P
- CMOS-Compatible Two's-Complement Data Output
- Separate Data Valid Clock and Overrange Outputs
- Flexible-Input Clock Buffer
- EV Kit Available for MAX1430 (Order MAX1427EVKIT)
- Antenna Array Processing
- Cellular Base-Station Transceiver Systems (BTS)
- E911 Location Receivers
- Multistandard Receivers
- Power Amplifier Linearity Correction
- Single- and Multicarrier Receivers
- Wireless Local Loop (WLL)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|