15-Bit, 65Msps ADC with -78.2dBFS Noise Floor for IF Applications
65Msps to 80Msps, 15-Bit, High-Speed ADCs with -78.2dBFS Noise Floor for IF Applications
DescriptionThe MAX1418 is a 5V, high-speed, high-performance analog-to-digital converter (ADC) featuring a fully differential wideband track-and-hold (T/H) and a 15-bit converter core. The MAX1418 is optimized for multichannel, multimode receivers, which require the ADC to meet very stringent dynamic performance requirements. With a noise floor of -78.2dBFS, the MAX1418 allows for the design of receivers with superior sensitivity.
The MAX1418 achieves two-tone, spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) of -85dBc for input tones of 69MHz and 71MHz. Its excellent signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of 73.6dB and single-tone SFDR performance (SFDR1/SFDR2) of 88dBc/92dBc at fIN = 70MHz and a sampling rate of 65Msps make this part ideal for high-performance digital receivers.
The MAX1418 operates from an analog 5V and a digital 3V supply, features a 2.56VP-P full-scale input range, and allows for a sampling speed of up to 65Msps. The input T/H operates with a -1dB full-power bandwidth of 260MHz.
The MAX1418 features parallel, CMOS-compatible outputs in two's-complement format. To enable the interface with a wide range of logic devices, this ADC provides a separate output driver power-supply range of 2.3V to 3.5V. The MAX1418 is manufactured in an 8mm x 8mm, 56-pin thin QFN package with exposed paddle (EP) for low thermal resistance, and is specified for the extended industrial (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.
Note that IF parts MAX1418, MAX1428, and MAX1430 (see Pin-Compatible Higher/Lower Speed Versions Selection table in the full data sheet) are recommended for applications that require high dynamic performance for input frequencies greater than fCLK/3. Unlike its baseband counterpart MAX1419, the MAX1418 is optimized for input frequencies greater than fCLK/3.
- 65Msps Minimum Sampling Rate
- -78.2dBFS Noise Floor
- Excellent Dynamic Performance
- 73.6dB SNR at fIN = 70MHz and AIN = -2dBFS
- 88dBc/92dBc Single-Tone SFDR1/SFDR2 at fIN = 70MHz and AIN = -2dBFS
- -85dB Multitone SFDR at fIN1 = 69MHz and fIN2 = 71MHz
- Less than 0.25ps Sampling Jitter
- Fully Differential Analog Input Voltage Range of 2.56VP-P
- CMOS-Compatible Two's-Complement Data Output
- Separate Data Valid Clock and Overrange Outputs
- Flexible-Input Clock Buffer
- EV Kit Available for MAX1418 (Order MAX1427EVKIT)
- Antenna Array Processing
- Cellular Base-Station Transceiver Systems (BTS)
- E911 Location Receivers
- Multistandard Receivers
- Power Amplifier Linearity Correction
- Single- and Multicarrier Receivers
- Wireless Local Loop (WLL)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|