Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 357ksps 10-Bit Successive-Approximation Register (SAR) ADCs
- Single True-Differential Analog Input Channel with Unipolar-/Bipolar-Selected Input (MAX1392)
- Dual Single-Ended Input Channel with Channel-Selected Input (MAX1395)
- ±0.5 LSB INL, ±0.5 LSB DNL, No Missing Codes
- ±1 LSB Total Unadjusted Error
- 61dB SINAD at 85kHz Input Frequency
- Single-Supply Voltage (+1.5V to +3.6V)
- 0.945mW at 350ksps, 1.8V
- 0.27mW at 100ksps, 1.8V
- 3.1µW at 1ksps, 1.8V
- < 1µA Shutdown Current
- External Reference (0.6V to VDD)
- AutoShutdown Between Conversions
- SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-/DSP-Compatible, 3- or 4-Wire Serial Interface
- Small (3mm x 3mm), 10-Pin TDFN
- Battery-Powered Instruments
- Data Acquisition
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Datalogging
- Process Control
The MAX1392/MAX1395 require an external reference VREF that has a wide range from 0.6V to VDD. The MAX1392 provides one true-differential analog input that accepts signals ranging from 0 to VREF (unipolar mode) or ±VREF/2 (bipolar mode). The MAX1395 provides two single-ended inputs that accept signals ranging from 0 to VREF. Analog conversion results are available through a 5MHz, 3-wire SPI™-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-/digital signal processor (DSP)-compatible serial interface. Excellent dynamic performance, low voltage, low power, ease of use, and small package sizes make these converters ideal for portable battery-powered data-acquisition applications, and for other applications that demand low power consumption and minimal space.
The MAX1392/MAX1395 are available in a space-saving (3mm x 3mm) 10-pin TDFN package. The parts operate over the extended (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.