16-Bit, Data-Acquisition System with ADC, DAC, UPIOs, RTC, Voltage Monitors, and Temp Sensor
DescriptionThe MAX1359B smart data-acquisition systems (DAS) is based on a 16-bit, sigma-delta analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and system-support functionality for a microprocessor (µP)-based system. This device integrates an ADC, DAC, two operational amplifiers, internal 1.25V/2.048V/2.5V selectable reference, temperature sensors, analog switches, a 32kHz oscillator, a real-time clock (RTC) with alarm, a high-frequency-locked loop (FLL) clock, four user-programmable I/Os, an interrupt generator, and 1.8V and 2.7V voltage monitors in a single chip.
The MAX1359B has dual 10:1 differential input multiplexers (muxes) that accept signal levels from 0 to AVDD. An on-chip 1x to 8x programmable-gain amplifier (PGA) measures low-level signals and reduces external circuitry required.
The MAX1359B operates from a single +1.8V to +3.6V supply and consumes only 1.4mA in normal mode and only 6.1µA in sleep mode.
The serial interface is compatible with either SPI™/QSPI™ or MICROWIRE™, and is used to power up, configure, and check the status of all functional blocks.
The MAX1359B is available in a space-saving 40-pin TQFN package and is specified over the commercial (0°C to +70°C) and the extended (-40°C to +85°C) temperature ranges.
- +1.8V to +3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- Multichannel 16-Bit Sigma-Delta ADC
- 10sps to 512sps Programmable Conversion Rate
- Self and System Offset and Gain Calibration
- PGA with Gains of 1, 2, 4, or 8
- Unipolar and Bipolar Modes
- 10-Input Differential Multiplexer
- 10-Bit Force-Sense DAC
- Uncommitted Op Amps
- Dual SPDT Analog Switches
- 1.25V, 2.048V, or 2.5V Selectable Voltage Reference
- Internal Charge Pump
- System Support
- Real Time Clock and Alarm Register
- Internal/External Temperature Sensor
- Internal Oscillator with Clock Output
- User-Programmable I/O and Interrupt Generator
- VDD Monitors
- SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE, 4-Wire Serial Interface
- Space-Saving (6mm x 6mm x 0.8mm) 40-Pin TQFN Package
- Battery-Powered and Portable Devices
- Data-Acquisition Systems
- Electrochemical and Optical Sensors
- Industrial Control
- Medical Instruments
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|