Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 12-Bit Resolution, ±0.5 LSB Linearity
- Single +5V Operation
- Internal +2.5V Reference
- Software-Configurable Analog Input Multiplexer
- 6-Channel Single Ended/3-Channel Pseudo-Differential (MAX1266)
- 2-Channel Single Ended/1-Channel Pseudo-Differential (MAX1268)
- Software-Configurable Unipolar/Bipolar Analog Inputs
- Low Current
- 2.8mA (420ksps)
- 1.0mA (100ksps)
- 400µA (10ksps)
- 2µA (Shutdown)
- Internal 6MHz Full-Power Bandwidth Track/Hold
- Parallel 12-Bit Interface
- Small Footprint
- 28-Pin QSOP (MAX1266)
- 24-Pin QSOP (MAX1268)
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Data Logging
- Energy Management
- Industrial Controls Systems
- Patient Monitoring
- Touch Screens
Power consumption is only 10mW at the maximum sampling rate of 420ksps. Two software-selectable power-down modes enable the MAX1266/MAX1268 to be shut down between conversions; accessing the parallel interface returns them to normal operation. Powering down between conversions can reduce supply below 10µA at lower sampling rates.
Both devices offer software-configurable analog inputs for unipolar/bipolar and single-ended/pseudo-differential operation. In single-ended mode, the MAX1266 has six input channels and the MAX1268 has two (three input channels and one input channel, respectively, when in pseudo-differential mode).
Excellent dynamic performance and low power, combined with ease of use and small package size, make these converters ideal for battery-powered and data-acquisition applications or for other circuits with demanding power-consumption and space requirements. The MAX1266 is offered in a 28-pin QSOP package, while the MAX1268 is available in a 24-pin QSOP. For pin-compatible +3V, 12-bit versions, see the MAX1265/MAX1267.