1.8V, 12-Bit, 250Msps ADC for Broadband Applications
Industry's Highest SNR and SFDR at High Input Frequencies
DescriptionThe MAX1215N is a monolithic, 12-bit, 250Msps analog-to-digital converter (ADC) optimized for outstanding dynamic performance at high-IF frequencies beyond 300MHz. The product operates with conversion rates up to 250Msps while consuming only 886mW.
At 250Msps and an input frequency of 100MHz, the MAX1215N achieves an 84.7dBc spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) with excellent 66.7dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) that remains flat (within 2dB) for input tones up to 250MHz. This makes it ideal for wideband applications such as communications receivers, cable-head end receivers, and power-amplifier predistortion in cellular base-station transceivers (BTS).
The MAX1215N operates from a single 1.8V power supply. The analog input is designed for AC-coupled differential or single-ended operation. The ADC also features a selectable on-chip divide-by-2 clock circuit that accepts clock frequencies as high as 500MHz. A low-voltage differential signal (LVDS) sampling clock is recommended for best performance. The converter provides LVDS-compatible digital outputs with data format selectable to be either two's complement or offset binary.
The MAX1215N is available in a 68-pin QFN package with exposed paddle (EP) and is specified over the industrial (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range.
- 250Msps Conversion Rate
- Excellent Low-Noise Characteristics
- SNR = 66.7dB at fIN = 100MHz
- SNR = 65.6dB at fIN = 250MHz
- Excellent Dynamic Range
- SFDR = 84.7dBc at fIN = 100MHz
- SFDR = 80dBc at fIN = 250MHz
- Single 1.8V Supply
- 886mW Power Dissipation at fSAMPLE = 250Msps and fIN = 100MHz
- On-Chip Track-and-Hold Amplifier
- Internal 1.25V-Bandgap Reference
- On-Chip Selectable Divide-by-2 Clock Input
- LVDS Digital Outputs with Data Clock Output
- MAX1215NEVKIT Available
- Base-Station Power-Amplifier Linearization
- Cable-Head End Receivers
- Communications Test Equipment
- Radar and Satellite Subsystems
- Wireless and Wired Broadband Communications
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|