Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Very-High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)(1000:1)
- Offers Reliable Touch in Presence of Noise and Delivers Optimal Operation Frequency Selection
- Excellent Interference Immunity to Sources such as LCD, AC-DC Chargers, and CCFL
- Provides Fast Report Rate
- Up to 120Hz Frame Rate
- Comprehensive Touch-Screen Support
- Up to 4.5in Diagonal with 5mm Pitch
- TacTouch Trigger to Haptic Actuator Controllers
- MAX11835 Haptic Piezo Controller
- Upgradable Firmware and Parameter Storage
- Slave Mode I²C 400kHz
- Multiple Power Supplies
- Analog Supply from 2.7V to 3.6V (AVDD)
- Digital Supply from 1.7V to 1.9V (DVDD)
- Digital I/O Supply from DVDD to 3.6V (DVDDIO)
- Low Power Consumption
- Sleep Mode (Shutdown)—10µW (typ)
- Active Mode—10mW (typ)
- ±4kV HBM ESD Protection
- Portable Instruments
- POS Terminals
- Smartphones, PND Devices, Media Players
TINI® products deliver unparalleled integration to consumer applications. The portfolio includes complete system-on-chip (SoC) solutions and codecs that integrate multiple functions to achieve advantages in board space.
A flagship member of the TINI family, the MAX11871 is a fully integrated touch-screen controller SoC for space-constrained applications such as smartphones, e-readers, and small tablet PCs. The device offers the industry's highest SNR analog front-end (AFE) for capacitive touch sensing, a MAXQ® CPU for full backend processing, and a custom DSP coprocessor.
The integration of a super-narrowband AFE provides breakthrough immunity to AC charger and LCD noise without any external components. The SoC offers the industry's highest SNR, enabling chip-on-flex and chip-on-board designs. With the MAX11871, customers can eliminate air-gap and shield layers to design thinner products capable of supporting noisy chargers, passive-stylus touch, and gloved-hand touch.
The MAX11871 is designed to interface with projected capacitive touch screens, detect multiple touches, and produce an image of measured capacitance values. The device supports up to 20 drive and 12 sense channels for a total of 240 nodes, at up to 120 frames per second (fps). The device can provide XY coordinate data as well as Z "pressure" metric for each touch point.
The device operates standalone or in conjunction with Maxim's TacTouch™ family of haptic controllers. When paired with a TacTouch tactile-feedback controller, the MAX11871 provides a near-zero-latency touch and haptic solution.
The MAX11871 uses three separate supply voltage inputs: VAVDD = 2.7V to 3.6V, VDVDD = 1.7V to 1.9V, VDVDDIO = VDVDD to 3.6V. The device is available in a 48-pin UTQFN (6mm x 6mm x 0.5mm) with exposed pad and a 49-bump WLP (3.7mm x 3.7mm x 0.64mm). All devices are specified over the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) .