Low-Power, 16-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converters with Parallel Interface
DescriptionThe MAX1165/MAX1166 16-bit, low-power, successive-approximation analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) feature automatic power-down, factory-trimmed internal clock, and a 16-bit wide (MAX1165) or byte wide (MAX1166) parallel interface. The devices operate from a single +4.75V to +5.25V analog supply and a +2.7V to +5.25V digital supply.
The MAX1165/MAX1166 use an internal 4.096V reference or an external reference. The MAX1165/MAX1166 consume only 1.8mA at a sampling rate of 165ksps with external reference and 2.7mA with internal reference. AutoShutdown™ reduces supply current to 0.1mA at 10ksps.
The MAX1165/MAX1166 are ideal for high-performance, battery-powered, data-acquisition applications. Excellent dynamic performance and low power consumption in a small package make the MAX1165/MAX1166 ideal for circuits with demanding power consumption and space requirements.
The 16-bit wide MAX1165 is available in a 28-pin TSSOP package and the byte wide MAX1166 is available in a 20-pin TSSOP package. Both devices are available in either the 0°C to +70°C commercial, or the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- 16-Bit Wide (MAX1165) and Byte Wide (MAX1166) Parallel Interface
- High Speed: 165ksps Sample Rate
- Accurate: ±2.5 LSB INL, 16 Bit No Missing Codes
- 4.096V, 25ppm/°C Internal Reference
- External Reference Range: +3.8V to +5.25V
- Single +4.75V to +5.25V Analog Supply Voltage
- +2.7V to +5.25V Digital Supply Voltage
- Low Supply Current
- 1.8mA (External Reference)
- 2.7mA (Internal Reference)
- 0.1µA (10ksps, External Reference)
- Small Footprint
- 28-Pin TSSOP Package (16-Bit Wide)
- 20-Pin TSSOP Package (Byte Wide)
- Accelerometer Measurements
- Cable/Harness Tester
- Data Acquisition
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- I/O Boards
- Industrial Process Controls
- Temperature Sensing and Monitoring
|Input Chan.||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||Internal VREF|
|See All Precision ADCs (< 5Msps) (440)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsTutorial 1080 Understanding SAR ADCs: Their Architecture and Comparison with Other ADCs
Quality and Environmental DataRequest Reliability Report for: MAX1166
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|