Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 150ksps (Bipolar) and 125ksps (Unipolar) Sampling ADC
- 14 Bits, No Missing Codes
- 1 LSB INL Guaranteed
- -100dB THD
- 3.3V Single-Supply Operation
- Low-Power Operation
- 5mA typ (Unipolar Mode)
- 1.2µA Shutdown Mode
- Software-Configurable Unipolar and Bipolar Input Ranges
- 0 to +6V and ±6V (MAX1144)
- 0 to +2.048V and ±2.048V (MAX1145)
- Internal or External Clock
- SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE TMS320-Compatible Serial Interface
- Three User-Programmable Logic Outputs
- Small 20-Pin SSOP Package
- Data Acquisition
- Industrial I/O Modules
- Industrial Process Controls
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
The MAX1144 accepts input signals of 0 to +6V (unipolar) or ±6V (bipolar), while the MAX1145 accepts input signals of 0 to +2.048V (unipolar) or ±2.048V (bipolar). Operating from a single 3.135V to 3.465V analog digital supply, powerdown modes reduce current consumption to 0.15mA at 10ksps and further reduce supply current to less than 20µA slower data rates.
A serial strobe output (SSTRB) allows direct connection to the TMS320 family digital-signal processors. The MAX1144/MAX1145 user can select either the internal clock or an external serial-interface clock for the ADC to perform analog-to-digital conversions.
The MAX1144/MAX1145 feature internal calibration circuitry to correct linearity and offset errors. On-demand calibration allows the user to optimize performance. Three user-programmable logic outputs are provided for the control of an 8-channel mux or PGA.
The MAX1144/MAX1145 are available in a 20-pin SSOP package and are fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.