16-Bit ADCs, 150ksps, 3.3V Single Supply
DescriptionThe MAX1134/MAX1135 are 150ksps, 16-bit ADCs. These serially interfaced ADCs connect directly to SPI, QSPI, and MICROWIRE devices without external logic. They combine an input scaling network, internal track/hold (T/H), clock, and three general-purpose digital output pins (for external multiplexer or PGA control) in a 20-pin SSOP package. The excellent dynamic performance (THD>90dB), high speed (150ksps in bipolar mode), and low power (8.0mA) of these ADCs make them ideal for applications such as industrial process control, instrumentation, and medical applications.
The MAX1134 accepts input signals of 0 to +6V (unipolar) or ±6V (bipolar), while the MAX1135 accepts input signals of 0 to +2.048V (unipolar) or ±2.048V (bipolar). Operating from a single 3.135V to 3.465V analog and digital supply, power-down modes reduce current consumption to 0.15mA at 10ksps and further reduce supply current to less than 20µA at slower data rates.
A serial strobe output (SSTRB) allows direct connection to the TMS320 family digital-signal processors. The MAX1134/MAX1135 user can select either the internal clock or an external serial-interface clock for the ADC to perform analog-to-digital conversions.
The MAX1134/MAX1135 feature internal calibration circuitry to correct linearity and offset errors. On-demand calibration allows the user to optimize performance. Three user-programmable logic outputs are provided for the control of an 8-channel mux or PGA.
The MAX1134/MAX1135 are available in a 20-pin SSOP package and are fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 150ksps (Bipolar) and 125ksps (Unipolar) Sampling ADC
- 16 Bits, No Missing Codes
- 1 LSB INL (typ) Guaranteed
- -100dB THD
- 3.3V Single-Supply Operation
- Low-Power Operation
- 4.5mA (typ) (Unipolar Mode)
- 1.2µA Shutdown Mode
- Software-Configurable Unipolar and Bipolar Input Ranges
- 0 to +6V and ±6V (MAX1134)
- 0 to +2.048V and ±2.048V (MAX1135)
- Internal or External Clock
- SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE TMS320-Compatible Serial Interface
- Three User-Programmable Logic Outputs
- Small 20-Pin SSOP Package
- Data Acquisition
- Industrial I/O Modules
- Industrial Process Controls
- Medical Instruments
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
|Input Chan.||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||External VREF|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|