PIXI, 20-Port Programmable Mixed-Signal I/O with 12-Bit ADC, 12-Bit DAC, Analog Switches, and GPIO
Industry's First Configurable High-Voltage Mixed Signal I/O Device Allows User-Defined ADC, DAC, or GPIO Functionality
DescriptionThe MAX11300 integrates a PIXI™, 12-bit, multichannel, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a 12-bit, multichannel, buffered digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a single integrated circuit (IC). This device offers 20 mixed-signal high-voltage, bipolar ports, which are configurable as an ADC analog input, a DAC analog output, a general-purpose input port (GPI), a general-purpose output port (GPO), or an analog switch terminal. One internal and two external temperature sensors track junction and environmental temperature, respectively. Adjacent pairs of ports are configurable as a logic-level translator for open-drain devices or an analog switch.
Custom designs are easily created using the MAX11300 configuration GUI software. Watch this video to learn (Mandarin) how to create a design using the MAX11300 GUI configuration software and the MAX11300 PMB Evaluation Kit.
PIXI ports provide highly flexible hardware configuration for 12-bit mixed-signal applications. The MAX11300 is best suited for applications that demand a mixture of several analog and digital functions. Each port is individually configurable with up to four selectable voltage ranges within -10V to +10V.
The MAX11300 allows for the averaging of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, or 128 ADC samples from each ADC-configured port to improve noise performance. A DAC-configured output port can drive up to 25mA. The GPIO ports can be programmed to user-defined logic levels, and a GPI coupled with a GPO forms a logic-level translator.
Internal and external temperature measurements can monitor user-programmable conditions of minimum and maximum temperature limits, using the interupt to notify the host if one or more conditions occur. The temperature measurement results are made available through the serial interface.
The MAX11300 features an internal, low-noise 2.5V voltage reference and provides the option to use external voltage references with separate inputs for the DAC and ADC. The MAX11300 uses a 4-wire, 20MHz, SPI-compatible serial interface for communication with the host. The device operates from a 5V analog supply and a 1.8 V to 5.0V digital supply. The PIXI port driver voltage supply operates from a wide -12.0V to +12.0V.
The MAX11300 is available in a 40-pin TQFN, 6mm x 6mm package or a 48-pin TQFP, 7mm x 7mm package specified over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- 20 Configurable Mixed-Signal Ports Maximize Design Flexibility Across Platforms
- Up to 20 12-Bit ADC Inputs
- Single-Ended, Differential, or Pseudo-Differential
- Range Options: 0 to 2.5V, ±5V, 0 to +10V, -10V to 0V
- Programmable Sample Averaging Per ADC Port
- Unique Voltage Reference for Each ADC PIXI Port
- Up to 20 12-Bit DAC Outputs
- Range Options: ±5V, 0 to +10V, -10V to 0V
- 25mA Current Drive Capability with Overcurrent Protection
- Up to 20 General-Purpose Digital I/Os
- 0 to +5V GPI Input Range
- 0 to +2.5V GPI Programmable Threshold Range
- 0 to +10V GPO Programmable Output Range
- Logic-Level Shifting Between Any Two Pins
- 60Ω Analog Switch Between Adjacent PIXI Ports
- Internal/External Temperature Sensors, ±1°C Accuracy
- Up to 20 12-Bit ADC Inputs
- Adapts to Specific Application Requirements and Allows for Easy Reconfiguration as System Needs Change
- Configurability of Functions Enables Optimized PCB Layout
- Reduces BOM Cost with Fewer Components in Small Footprint
- 36mm2 40-Pin TQFN
- 49mm2 48-Pin TQFP
- Base Station RF Power Device Bias Controllers
- Control for Optical Components
- Industrial Control and Automation
- Power-Supply Monitoring
- System Supervision and Control
|Input Channels||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||Internal VREF|
|MAX11300||12||20||Voltage- Buffered||Int./Ext.||1.5||Serial - SPI||4.75||5.25||18||40|
Technical DocumentsUser Guide 6487 MAX11300 (PIXI) Programmable Mixed-Signal I/O Device Applications Tutorial
App Note 6311 Using the MAX11311 Internal and External Temperature Sensor to Activate Motors and Fans
User Guide 6233 MAX11311PMB# Peripheral Module and Munich (USB2PMB1) Adapter Board Quick Start Guide
User Guide 6232 MAX11312PMB# Peripheral Module and Munich2 (USB2PMB2#) Adapter Board Quick Start Guide
App Note 6221 PIXI MAX11300 4-20mA Current Control Loop Transmitter
User Guide 6040 MAX11300/MAX11301 PIXI Configuration Software User Guide
App Note 6039 MAX11300 Product Family Featuring PIXI Technology FAQs
User Guide 5795 MAX11300PMB1 Peripheral Module and Munich (USB2PMB1) Adapter Board Quick Start Guide
Tools & Models
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|