Evaluation Kit for the MAX11284
The evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX11284 dual 24-bit, dual-channel, 16ksps Delta-Sigma ADCs with integrated PGA. The EV kit includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from the target device to the PC. The EV kit can operate in multiple modes:
- Standalone Mode: In “standalone” mode, the EV kit is connected to the PC through a USB cable and performs a subset of the complete EV kit functions. Sample rate and sample size are limited.
- FPGA Mode: In FPGA mode, the EV kit is connected to an Avnet ZedBoard™ through a low-pin-count FMC connector. The ZedBoard features a Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 SOC that connects to the PC through an Ethernet port, which allows the GUI to perform different operations with full control over mezzanine card functions. The EV kit with FPGA platform performs the complete suite of evaluation tests for the target IC.
- User-Supplied SPI Mode: In addition to the USB and FMC interfaces, the EV kit provides two 12-pin Pmod -style headers for user-supplied SPI interface, to connect the signals for SYNC, Active-Low RDYB, SCLK, DIN, DOUT, and Active-Low CS.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®, Windows®7, and Windows 8-compatible software to utilize the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, on-board or external reference options, and graphing software that includes the FFT and histogram of the sampled signals with the ability to save plots in .jpg or .csv formats.
The ZedBoard accepts a +12V AC-DC wall adapter. The EV kit can be powered by either the ZedBoard or a local 12V supply. The EV kit has on-board transformers and digital isolators to separate the IC from the ZedBoard/on-board processor.
The MAX11284 EV kit comes with a MAX11284ETL+ in a 40-pin TQFN package installed.
- High-Speed USB, FMC Connector, and Pmod connectors
- 5MHz SPI Interface
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates
- Collects Up to 1 Million Samples (with FPGA platform)
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- Sync In and Sync Out for Coherent Sampling for Higher Input Frequency (with FPGA platform)
- On-Board 2.5V Voltage References (MAX6126)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8-Compatible Software
- High-Precision Portable Sensors
- Medical Equipment
- Scientific Instrumentation
- Seismic Data Acquisition
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|