Simplified Block Diagram
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- On-Board Voltage Reference (MAX6072)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows XP-, Windows 7-, and Windows 8.1-Compatible Software
- Battery-Powered Instrumentation
- Pressure Sensors
- Wearable Electronics
- Weigh Scales
The MAX11259PMB peripheral module (Pmod™) provides the necessary hardware to interface to the MAX11259, a 24-bit, 6-channel, 64ksps, integrated PGA delta-sigma ADC to any system that utilizes Pmod-compatible expansion ports configurable for I2C communication. The peripheral module includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from the target device to the PC through the USB2PMB2#. The peripheral module can operate in multiple modes:
- Using USB2PMB2# Adapter: In “standalone” mode, the peripheral module is connected to the PC via a USB2PMB2# adapter board and performs a subset of the complete peripheral module functions with limitations for sample rate, sample size, and no support for coherent sampling.
- User-Supplied I2C Mode: The peripheral module provides a 12-pin Pmod-style header for user-supplied I2C interface to connect the signals for SCL, SDA, RSTB, and RDYB.
The peripheral module includes Windows XP®, Windows®7, and Windows 8.1-compatible software for exercising the features of the IC. The peripheral module GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, internal or external reference options, and graphing software that includes the FFT and histogram of the sampled signals.
The peripheral module can be powered by a local +3.3V supply and comes installed with a MAX11259AWX+ in a 36-bump WLP package.