The MAX11253/MAX11254 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX11253/MAX11254, a 24-bit, 6-channel, 64ksps, integrated PGA delta-sigma ADC. The EV kit includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from the target device to the PC. The EV kit can operate in multiple modes:
- Standalone Mode: in “standalone” mode, the EV kit is connected to the PC via a USB cable and performs a subset of the complete EV kit functions with limitations for sample rate, sample size, and no support for coherent sampling.
- FPGA Mode: in “FPGA” mode, the EV kit is connected to an Avnet ZedBoard™ through a low-pin-count FMC connector. ZedBoard features a Xilinx® Zynq® -7000 SoC, which connects to the PC through an Ethernet port, allowing the GUI to perform different operations with full control over mezzanine card functions. The EV kit with FPGA platform performs the complete suite of evaluation tests for the target IC.
- User-Supplied SPI Mode: In addition to the USB and FMC interfaces, the EV kit provides a 12-pin Pmod™-style header for user-supplied SPI interface to connect the signals for SCLK, DIN, DOUT, and CNVST.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®, Windows® 7, and Windows 8.1-compatible software for exercising the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, internal or external reference options, and graphing software that includes the FFT and histogram of the sampled signals.
The ZedBoard accepts a +12V AC-DC wall adapter. The EV kit can be powered by a local +12V supply. The EV kit has on-board transformers and digital isolators to separate the IC from the ZedBoard/on-board processor.
The MAX11253/MAX11254 EV kit comes installed with a MAX11253ATJ+ or MAX11254ATJ+ in a 32-pin TQFN-EP package.
- High-Speed USB Connector, FMC Connector, and Pmod-Style Connector
- 8MHz SPI Clock Capability through FMC Connector
- 8MHz SPI Clock Capability in Standalone mode
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates
- Collects Up to 1 Million Samples (with FPGA Platform)
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- Sync In and Sync Out for Coherent Sampling (with FPGA Platform)
- On-Board Input Buffers: MAX9632 and MAX44205 (Fully Differential)
- On-Board Voltage References (MAX6126 and MAX6070)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows XP-, Windows 7-, and Windows 8.1-Compatible Software
- Analog I/O for Programmable Logic Controllers
- Battery-Powered Instrumentation
- Pressure Sensors
- Weigh Scales
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|