The evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX1121X family of 24-bit, 64ksps delta-sigma ADCs with integrated PGA. The EV kit includes a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides communication from the target device to the PC. The EV kit can operate in multiple modes:
- Standalone Mode: In “Standalone” mode, the EV kit is connected to the PC through a USB cable and performs a subset of the complete EV kit functions with limitation for sample rate and size.
- FPGA Mode: In “FPGA” mode, the EV kit is connected to an Avnet ZedBoard™ through a low-pin-count FMC connector. ZedBoard features a Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 SoC that connects to the PC through an Ethernet port, which allows the GUI to perform different operations with full control over mezzanine card functions. The EV kit with FPGA platform performs the complete suite of evaluation tests for the target IC
- User-Supplied SPI Mode: In addition to the USB and FMC interfaces, the EV kit provides two 12-pin PMOD-style headers for user-supplied SPI interface, to connect the signals for RDYB, SCLK, DIN, DOUT, and CSB.
The EV kit includes Windows XP®-, Windows® 7 and Windows 8.1-compatible software to exercise the features of the IC. The EV kit GUI allows different sample sizes, adjustable sampling rates, on-board or external reference options, and graphing software that includes the FFT and histogram of the sampled signals with the ability to save plots in .jpg or .csv formats.
The ZedBoard board accepts a +12V AC-DC wall adapter. The EV kit can be powered by the ZedBoard or by a local 12V supply. The EV kit has on-board transformers and digital isolators to separate the IC from the ZedBoard/on-board processor.
The MAX11214 EV kit comes installed with a MAX11214EUG+ in a 24-pin TSSOP package and the MAX11216 EV kit comes installed with a MAX11216EUG+ in a 24-pin TSSOP package.
- High-Speed USB, FMC Connector, and PMOD Connector
- 5MHz SPI Interface
- Various Sample Sizes and Sample Rates
- Collects Up to 1 Million Samples (with FPGA Platform)
- Time Domain, Frequency Domain, and Histogram Plotting
- Save Plots as jpg, bmp or csv
- Sync In and Sync Out for Coherent Sampling (with FPGA Platform)
- On-Board DAC (MAX542) for DC Signal-Level Generation
- On-Board Voltage Reference (MAX6126)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Windows XP-, Windows 7-, and Windows 8.1-Compatible Software
- Savable ADC Configurations
- High-Precision Portable Sensors
- Medical Equipment
- Scientific Instrumentation
- Seismic Data Acquisition
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|