Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 16-Bit Full-Scale Resolution
- Internal System Clock
- 2-Wire Serial Interface
- On-Board Voltage Reference (MAX6037, 2.5V Version)
- Filtered Power Supply with Optional (Jumper-Selectable) Ultra-Low Noise LDO
- 6-Pin Pmod-Compatible Connector (GPIO)
- Example Software Written in C for Portability
- RoHS Compliant
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Battery Applications
- Portable Instrumentation
- Temperature/Pressure Measurement
- Weight Scales
The MAX11205PMB1 peripheral module provides the necessary hardware to interface the MAX11205 16-bit ADC to any system that utilizes Pmod™-compatible expansion ports configurable for GPIO interface. The IC is an ultra-low-power (< 300µA max active current), high-resolution, serial-output ADC. This device provides the highest resolution per unit power in the industry and is optimized for applications that require very high dynamic range with low power, such as sensors on a 4mA to 20mA industrial control loop. The voltage reference for the IC is supplied by a MAX6037 (2.5V) that is also on the module. The filtered power-supply voltage from the host can be optionally passed (jumper selectable) through a MAX8510 ultra-low-noise LDO, allowing empirical evaluation of performance with different power sources.
Refer to the MAX11205 IC data sheet for detailed information regarding operation of the IC.