4-Channel, Dual, Simultaneous Sampling, 2.2V to 3.6V, 12-Bit, 3Msps SAR ADC in Tiny 3mm x 3mm TQFN Package
High-Speed, Ultra-Low-Power Simultaneous Sampling SAR ADC in a Small Form Factor
DescriptionThe MAX11190 is a 4-channel, dual, multiplexed, 12-bit, compact, high-speed, low-power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converter (ADC). This high-performance dual ADC includes high-dynamic range sample-and-holds and a high-speed serial interface. This ADC accepts a full-scale input from 0V to the reference voltage.
The device features two dual, single-ended analog inputs connected to two ADC cores using 2:1 MUXs. The device also includes a separate supply input for data interface and dedicated inputs for reference voltage.
This device operates from a 2.2V to 3.6V supply and consumes only 10.5mW at 3Msps. The device includes full power-down mode and fast wake-up for optimal power management and a high-speed 3-wire serial interface. The 3-wire serial interface directly connects to SPI, QSPI™, and MICROWIRE® devices without external logic. Each of the two internal ADCs has its own dedicated DOUTA/DOUTB for faster data communication.
Excellent dynamic performance, low voltage, low power, ease of use, and small package size make this converter ideal for simultaneous data-acquisition applications, and for other applications that demand low power consumption and minimal space.
The device is available in a 3mm x 3mm, 16-pin TQFN package and operates over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Integration and Packaging Save Space
- Simultaneous Sampling
- Dual, 4-Channel, Single-Ended 12-Bit Resolution ADC (2 x 2)
- 16-Pin, 3mm x 3mm TQFN Package
- Excellent Performance Ideal for Motor Control Applications
- 72dB SNR
- 3Msps Conversion Rate without Pipeline Delay
- External Reference Inputs
- Wide -40°C to +125°C Operation
- Low Power Design Simplifies Power-Supply Requirements
- Very Low Power Consumption at 5µA/ksps
- 10.5mW at 3Msps
- 2.2V to 3.6V Supply Voltage
- 2.6µA Power-Down Current
- Dual SPI Ports Simplifies System Design
- SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-Compatible Serial Interface with Two DOUTA/DOUTB Pins
- Dedicated Digital Output Supply Allows Serial Interface to Directly Connect to 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, or 3V Digital Systems
- Medical Instrumentation
- Motor Control
- Process Control
- Simultaneous Data Acquisition
|Input Chan.||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||External VREF|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|