Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- High DC/AC Accuracy Improves Measurement Quality
- 16-Bit Resolution with No Missing Codes
- 250ksps Throughput Rates without Pipeline Delay/Latency
- 93.2dB SNR and -102.5dB THD at 10kHz
- 0.5 LSBRMS Transition Noise
- ±0.2 LSB DNL (typ) and ±0.4 LSB INL (typ)
- Highly Integrated ADC Saves Cost and Space
- ±6.7ppm/°C Internal Reference
- Internal Reference Buffer
- Wide Supply Range and Low Power Simplify Power-Supply Design
- 5V Analog Supply
- 2.3V to 5V Digital Supply
- 21.2mW Power Consumption at 250ksps
- 10µA in Shutdown Mode
- Multi-Industry Standard Serial Interface and Small Package Reduce Size
- SPI/QSPI™/MICROWIRE®/DSP-Compatible Serial Interface
- 3mm x 3mm Tiny 12-Pin TDFN Package
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Industrial Control Systems/Process Control
- Medical Instrumentation
The MAX11167 16-bit, 250ksps, SAR ADC offers excellent AC and DC performance with true bipolar input range, small size, and internal reference. The MAX11167 measures a ± 5V (10VP-P) input range while operating from a single 5V supply. A patented charge-pump architecture allows direct sampling of high-impedance sources. The MAX11167 integrates an optional 6.7ppm/°C reference with internal buffer, saving the cost and space of an external reference.
This ADC achieves 93.2dB SNR and -102.5dB THD. The MAX11167 guarantees 16-bit no-missing codes and ±0.5 LSB INL (typ).
The MAX11167 communicates using an SPI-compatible serial interface at 2.5V, 3V, 3.3V, or 5V logic. The serial interface can be used to daisy-chain multiple ADCs in parallel for multichannel applications and provides a busy indicator option for simplified system synchronization and timing.
The MAX11167 is offered in a 12-pin, 3mm x 3mm, TDFN package and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.