Tiny, 2.1mm x 1.6mm, 3Msps, Low-Power, Serial 12-Bit ADC
12-Bit, Compact, High-Speed, Low-Power SAR ADC in a Tiny Package
The MAX11108 is a tiny (2.1mm x 1.6mm), 12-bit, compact, high-speed, low-power, successive approximation analog-to-digital converter (ADC). This high-performance ADC includes a high-dynamic range sample-and-hold and a high-speed serial interface. This ADC accepts a full-scale input from 0V to the power supply or to the reference voltage.
The MAX11108 features a single-ended analog input connected to the ADC core. The device also includes a separate supply input for data interface and a dedicated input for reference voltage.
The MAX11108 "communicates" from 1.5V to VDD and operates from a 2.2V to 3.6V supply. The device consumes only 6.6mW at 3Msps and includes full powerdown mode and fast wake-up for optimal power management and a high-speed 3-wire serial interface. The 3-wire serial interface directly connects to SPI/QSPI™/MICROWIRE® devices without external logic.
Excellent dynamic performance, low voltage, low power, ease of use, and extremely small package size make this converter ideal for portable battery-powered dataacquisition applications, and for other applications that demand low-power consumption and minimal space.
The MAX11108 is available in an ultra-TQFN (2.1mm x 1.6mm) package, and operates over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Compact ADC Saves Space
- Single-Ended Analog Input 12-Bit Resolution ADC
- 3Msps Conversion Rate with No Pipeline Delay
- 73dB SNR
- 10-Pin, Ultra-TQFN (μDFN), 2.1mm x 1.6mm Package
- Low Power Consumption Extends Battery Life
- 6.6mW at 3Msps
- Very Low Power Consumption at 2.5μA/ksps
- 1.3μA Power-Down Current
- 2.2V to 3.6V Supply Voltage
- Variable I/O Voltage Range of 1.5V to 3.6V Eases Interface to Microcontrollers
- SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-Compatible Serial Interface Directly Connects to 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, or 3V Digital System
- Battery-Operated Systems
- Communication Systems
- Instrument Data Acquisition
- Medical Instrumentation
- Portable Data Logging
|Input Chan.||Conv. Rate|
|ADC Architecture||Data Bus||Diff/S.E. Input||External VREF|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|