Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 10-Bit, 225ksps ADC
- Analog Multiplexer with True-Differential Track/Hold (T/H)
- 16 Single-Ended Channels or 8 Differential Channels (Unipolar or Bipolar) (MAX1057/MAX1058)
- 12 Single-Ended Channels or 6 Differential Channels (Unipolar or Bipolar) (MAX1022)
- 8 Single-Ended Channels or 4 Differential Channels (Unipolar or Bipolar) (MAX1020)
- Excellent Accuracy: ±0.5 LSB INL, ±0.5 LSB DNL
- 10-Bit, Octal, 2µs Settling DAC
- Ultra-Low Glitch Energy (4nV × s)
- Power-Up Options from Zero Scale or Full Scale
- Excellent Accuracy: ±1 LSB INL
- Internal Reference or External Single-Ended/Differential Reference
- Internal Reference Voltage 2.5V or 4.096V
- Internal ±1°C Accurate Temperature Sensor
- On-Chip FIFO Capable of Storing 16 ADC Conversion Results and One Temperature Result
- On-Chip Channel-Scan Mode and Internal Data-Averaging Features
- Analog Single-Supply Operation
- +2.7V to +3.6V or +4.75V to +5.25V
- Digital Supply: 2.7V to VAVDD
- 25MHz, SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE Serial Interface
- AutoShutdown Between Conversions
- Low-Power ADC
- 2.5mA at 225ksps
- 22µA at 1ksps
- 0.2µA at Shutdown
- Low-Power DAC: 1.5mA
- Evaluation Kit Available (Order MAX1258EVKIT)
- Base-Station Control Loops
- Controls for Optical Components
- Data Acquisition Systems
- System Supervision and Control
The MAX1020/MAX1022/MAX1057/MAX1058 integrate a multichannel, 10-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and an octal, 10-bit, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a single IC. These devices also include a temperature sensor and configurable general-purpose I/O ports (GPIOs) with a 25MHz SPI-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE®-compatible serial interface. The ADC is available in 8/12/16 input-channel versions. The octal DAC outputs settle within 2.0µs, and the ADC has a 225ksps conversion rate.
All devices include an internal reference (2.5V or 4.096V) providing a well-regulated, low-noise reference for both the ADC and DAC. Programmable reference modes for the ADC and the DAC allow the use of an internal reference, an external reference, or a combination of both. Features such as an internal ±1°C accurate temperature sensor, FIFO, scan modes, programmable internal or external clock modes, data averaging, and AutoShutdown™ allow users to minimize both power consumption and processor requirements. The low glitch energy (4nV × s) and low digital feedthrough (0.5nV × s) of the integrated octal DACs make these devices ideal for digital control of fast-response closed-loop systems.
The devices are guaranteed to operate with a supply voltage from +2.7V to +3.6V (MAX1057) and from +4.75V to +5.25V (MAX1020/MAX1022/MAX1058). The devices consume 2.5mA at 225ksps throughput, only 22µA at 1ksps throughput, and under 0.2µA in the shutdown mode. The MAX1057/MAX1058 feature 12 GPIOs, while the MAX1020 offers four GPIOs that can be configured as inputs or outputs.
The MAX1057/MAX1058 are available in 48-pin thin QFN packages. The MAX1020/MAX1022 are available in 36- pin thin QFN packages. All devices are specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.