Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 10-Bit, 225ksps ADC
- Analog Multiplexer with True-Differential Track/Hold (T/H)
- Eight Single-Ended Channels or Four Differential Channels (Unipolar or Bipolar)
- Excellent Accuracy: ±0.5 LSB INL, ±0.5 LSB DNL, No Missing Codes Over Temperature
- 10-Bit, Octal, 2µs Settling DAC (MAX1021)
- Ultra-Low-Glitch Energy (4nVs)
- Power-Up Options from Zero Scale or Full Scale
- Excellent Accuracy: ±0.5 LSB INL
- Internal Reference or External Single-Ended/Differential Reference
- Internal Reference Voltage (2.5V)
- Internal ±1°C Accurate Temperature Sensor
- On-Chip FIFO Capable of Storing 16 ADC Conversion Results and One Temperature Result
- On-Chip Channel-Scan Mode and Internal Data-Averaging Features
- Analog Single-Supply Operation
- +2.7V to +5.25V
- Digital Supply: +2.7V to AVDD
- 25MHz, SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE Serial Interface
- AutoShutdown Between Conversions
- Low-Power ADC
- 2.5mA at 225ksps
- 22µA at 1ksps
- 0.2µA at Shutdown
- Low-Power DAC: 1.5mA
- Evaluation Kit Available (Order MAX1258EVKIT)
- Closed-Loop Controls for Optical Components and Base Stations
- Data Acquisition Systems
- System Supervision and Control
All devices include an internal reference (2.5V) to provide a well-regulated, low-noise reference for both the ADC and DAC. Programmable reference modes for the ADC and DAC allow the use of an internal reference, an external reference, or a combination of both. Features such as an internal ±1°C accurate temperature sensor, FIFO, scan modes, programmable internal or external clock modes, data averaging, and AutoShutdown™ allow users to minimize both power consumption and processor requirements. The low glitch energy (4nVs) and low digital feedthrough (0.5nVs) of the integrated DACs make these devices ideal for digital control of fast-response closed-loop systems.
The devices are guaranteed to operate with a supply voltage from +2.7V to +5.25V. They consume 2.5mA at 225ksps throughput, only 22µA at 1ksps throughput, and under 0.2µA in the shutdown mode. The MAX1021/MAX1043 offer four GPIOs that can be configured as inputs or outputs.
The MAX1021/MAX1043 are available in 36-pin thin QFN packages. These devices are specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.