Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 8 Full Channels of LNA, VGA, AAF, and CWD Mixers in a Small, 10mm x 10mm TQFN Package
- Pin Compatible with MAX2077 with LNA, VGA, and AAF in 10mm x 10mm TQFN Variant
- Ultra-Low Full-Channel Noise Figure of 2.4dB at RIN = RS = 200Ω
- Low Output-Referred Noise of 23nV/ at 5MHz, 20dB Gain, Yielding a Broadband SNR of 68dB** for Excellent Second-Harmonic Imaging
- High Near-Carrier SNR of 140dBc/Hz at 1kHz Offset from a 5MHz, 1VP-P Output Signal, and 20dB of Gain for Excellent Low-Velocity PW and Color-Flow Doppler Sensitivity in a High-Clutter Environment
- Ultra-Low-Power 64.8mW per Full-Channel (LNA, VGA, and AAF) Normal Imaging Mode (234mW per Channel in CWD Mode)
- Selectable Active Input-Impedance Matching of 50Ω, 100Ω, 200Ω, and 1kΩ
- Wide Input-Voltage Range of 330mVP-P in High LNA Gain Mode and 550mVP-P in Low LNA Gain Mode
- Integrated Selectable 3-Pole 9MHz, 10MHz, 15MHz, and 18MHz Butterworth AAF
- Fast-Recovery, Low-Power Modes (< 2µs)
- Fully Integrated, High Dynamic Range CWD Beamformer with Near-Carrier SNR of 154dBc/Hz at 1kHz Offset from a 1.25MHz, 200mVP-P Input Clutter Signal
- Medical Ultrasound Imaging
A fully integrated high-performance, programmable CWD beamformer is also included. Separate I/Q mixers for each channel are available for optimal CWD sensitivity in high-clutter environments, yielding an impressive near-carrier SNR of 154dBc/Hz at 1kHz offset from a 1.25MHz 200mVP-P input clutter signal.
The MAX2078 octal-channel ultrasound front-end is available in a small 10mm x 10mm, 68-pin thin QFN package with an exposed pad and is specified over a 0°C to +70°C temperature range.