Stereo Audio CODEC with FlexSound Technology
DSP Features ALC, THD, and Power Limiting to Improve Sound Quality with No Need to Modify Form Factor
DescriptionThe MAX9888 is a full-featured audio CODEC whose high performance and low power consumption make it ideal for portable applications.
Class D speaker amplifiers provide efficient amplification for two speakers. Low radiated emissions enable completely filterless operation. Integrated bypass switches optionally connect an external amplifier to the transducer when the Class D amplifiers are disabled.
DirectDrive® headphone amplifiers provide a true ground-referenced output, eliminating the need for large DC-blocking capacitors. 1.8V headphone operation ensures low power consumption. The device also includes a differential receiver amplifier.
Three differential analog microphone inputs are available as well as support for two PDM digital microphones. Integrated switches allow microphone signals to be routed out to external devices. Two flexible single-ended or differential line inputs may be connected to an FM radio or other sources.
Integrated FlexSound™ technology improves loudspeaker performance by optimizing the signal level and frequency response while limiting the maximum distortion and power at the output to prevent speaker damage. Automatic gain control (AGC) and a noise gate optimize the signal level of microphone input signals to make best use of the ADC dynamic range.
The device is fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- 100dB DR Stereo DAC (8kHz < fS < 96kHz)
- 91dB DR Stereo ADC (8kHz < fS < 96kHz)
- Stereo Low EMI Class D Amplifiers
- 950mW/Channel (8Ω, VSPKVDD_ = 4.2V)
- Stereo DirectDrive Headphone Amplifiers
- Differential Receiver Amplifier
- 2 Stereo Single-Ended/Mono Differential Line Inputs
- 3 Differential Microphone Inputs
- FlexSound Technology
- 5-Band Parametric EQ
- Automatic Level Control (ALC)
- Excursion Limiter
- Speaker Power Limiter
- Speaker Distortion Limiter
- Microphone Automatic Gain Control and Noise Gate
- Dual I²S/PCM/TDM Digital Audio Interfaces
- Asynchronous Digital Mixing
- Supports Master Clock Frequencies from 10MHz to 60MHz
- RF Immune Analog Inputs and Outputs
- Extensive Click-and-Pop Reduction Circuitry
- I²C Control Interface
- 63 WLP Package (3.80mm x 3.30mm, 0.4mm Pitch)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Wide Input Supply Range (3.0V to 14V)
- Class-DG Operation Enables Industry Leading Quiescent Power
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor