Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.71V to 3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- Stereo 30mW DirectDrive Headphone Amplifier
- Stereo 1VRMS DirectDrive Line Outputs (VDD = 1.8V) and Stereo Line Inputs
- Low-Noise Stereo and Mono Differential Microphone Inputs with Automatic Gain Control and Noise Quieting
- 9mW Playback Power Consumption (VDD = 1.8V)
- 91dB 96kHz 18-Bit Stereo DAC
- 85dB 48kHz 18-Bit Stereo ADC
- Supports Any Master Clock Frequency from 10MHz to 60MHz
- ADCs and DACs Can Run at Independent Sample Rates
- Flexible Audio Mixing and Volume Control
- Clickless/Popless Operation
- Headset Detection Logic
- I²C Control Interface
- Cellular Phones
- Handheld Gaming Consoles
- MP3 Players
- Personal Media Players
Outputs include stereo DirectDrive line outputs and DirectDrive headphone amplifiers. The stereo ADC can convert audio signals from either internal or external microphones that can be configured for single-ended or differential signal inputs. Line inputs can be configured as stereo, differential, or mono and fed through one channel of the microphone path. The analog inputs selected can be gain ranged or mixed with other input sources prior to conversion to digital. The ADC path also features programmable digital highpass filters to remove DC offset voltages and wind noise.
The MAX9856 supports all common sample rates from 8kHz to 48kHz in both master and slave mode. The serial digital audio interfaces support a variety of formats including I²S, left justified, and PCM modes.
The MAX9856 uses a thermally efficient, space-saving 40-pin, 6mm x 6mm x 0.8mm TQFN package.