Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 1.8V to 3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- I²C-Compatible 2-Wire Serial Interface
- Selectable Optical/Electrical S/PDIF Input
- On-Board 12MHz Crystal Oscillator
- On-Board Digital Audio Receiver
- No Detectable Clicks or Pops
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Assembled and Tested
- Includes Windows 98/2000/XP-Compatible Software and Demo PCB
- Cell Phones/Smartphones
- MP3/Portable Multimedia Players
- Portable DVD Players
The MAX9850 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed circuit board (PCB) that evaluates the MAX9850 headphone stereo DAC with integrated headphone driver. The EV kit is designed to be driven by any digital audio Sony/Philips Digital Interface (S/PDIF) audio source and can be optionally configured to accept generic digital audio or I²S-compatible signals. The EV kit provides RCA jacks for connecting analog input signals. A 3.5mm headphone jack allows for easy connection of headphones to the PCB.
The Maxim command module interface board (CMOD232) allows a PC to use its serial port to emulate an I²C 2-wire interface. Windows® 98/2000/XP-compatible software, which can be downloaded from the Maxim website, provides a user-friendly interface to exercise the features of the MAX9850. The program is menu driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI) with control buttons and a status display.
The MAX9850 EV system (MAX9850EVCMOD2#) includes both the EV kit and the CMOD232 interface board. Order the MAX9850 EV kit (MAX9850EVKIT#) if you already have a command module interface.